CrossFit Atlanta is Georgia’s original CrossFit Affiliate and leader in the CrossFit Community going on 20 years. We are passionate about Fitness, Strength & Conditioning and CrossFit. We are obsessed with coaching. We eat, drink, and sleep coaching. We invest heavily in developing our coaches personally and professionally to take their careers to new heights. Through a culture of excellence and a dynamic development framework we arm our coaches with the tools and resources they need to excel and evolve.
We are growing and have immediate opportunities for experienced CrossFit Coaches. If you’re ready to go from JV to Varsity…read on and apply.
The role of the Head Coach is one of leadership through and through. Our Head Coaches must possess the tangibles and intangibles of a great leader. They are responsible for managing their team of coaches, community of athletes, and soup to nuts fitness operation. They must do so through unrivaled care and excellence.
The head coach’s ultimate goal is to build community and define culture while helping his/her team perfect their skills and deeply understand the core values of CrossFit Atlanta. They must possess in depth knowledge of fitness/health, stand as a pillar in the community, guide their team toward new heights, and lead the gym to greatness.
3+ years of experience leading fitness classes (600+ hours) or operating a fitness facility
CF Level 2 or higher
Other trainer certifications welcomed: ASCM, NASM, ACE, NSCA, AFAA
Active CPR and First Aid Certification
- In depth knowledge of fitness, health, and nutrition
- In depth knowledge and skill in leading classes
- High level interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills and inspires action in those around them
- Creative thinking, dispute resolution and problem-solving skills all finely honed
- In depth knowledge of fitness facility operations.
- Experience managing and developing coaches.
- Experience developing processes and procedures
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Work with Beginner or Advanced athletes
- Leading and coaching group fitness classes
- Add value through relentless positivity, engagement, and passion
- Assist in promotional endeavors like social media and content development.
- Assist as needed with facility improvements, cleanliness, maintenance, individual projects
- Attend team meetings, coaching summits, and other company events
- Observe, develop and lead site specific team; and curate overall program offering
- Manage daily maintenance, equipment, repairs and cleanliness of the facility
- Handle member inquiries, provide information about program, and track attendance
- Retain members through creating and promoting a world class, positive, and fun environment
- Plan and facilitate community events calendar along with GM
- Organize class scheduling to ensure all classes appropriately staffed along with GM
- Identify, recruit and train new team members along with GM
- Assist in certain marketing and business development objectives along with GM
CrossFit Atlanta provides competitive compensation packages for its employees. The compensation offered is based on multiple factors including years of experience, leadership/management abilities, positive performance evaluations and overall expertise. Compensation includes potential for bonuses. In addition, success in this position includes but is not limited to hiring, coaching, training and developing team members to achieve high performance objectives.
FULL-TIME: 30-40 hours per week (20-25 coaching hours & 10-15 support hours)
PART-TIME: 5-20 hours per week
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION BELOW